The Gallipoli Association Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Gallipoli Association forum > New members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Gallipoli Association Forum

Introduction

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLAYTON6244 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Introduction
    Posted: 30 Aug 2011 at 19:37
I'd like to introduce myself to the Forum. My Grandfather, James William Squire enlisted 1914 at Wrexham into Royal Welsh Fusiliers. He disembarked Gallipoli on 28th June 1915 “This means that he almost certainly served with the 8th Battalion which left England on 18th June 1915 and was part of the 13th Division. This relieved 29 Div at Cape Helles then returned to  Mudros. On 4th August 13 Div landed at Anzac Cove as diversion for landings at Sulva Bay.

James Squire was wounded in December 1915 and was back in Britain by 1916. He married in November 1916.
The marriage certificate gives his profession as Corporal 3rd Battalion Royal Welsh Fusiliers James’ residence is given as “military camp at Litherland” (near Liverpool).He later returned to active service but I don't yet have full details of his service record.

The family has recently discovered a poem written by my Grandfather while in the trenches at Gallipoli. I will post this on the forum poetry topic.

I would like to find out more information about my Grandfather and his service during the war.

Carl Clayton
Mal Murray View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mal Murray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2011 at 10:16
Carl,

Thanks for posting this, and welcome to the forum.

Mal

Edited by Mal Murray - 02 Sep 2011 at 10:17
Krithia View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Webmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krithia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2011 at 23:48
Welcome Carl ... I will pop over to the poetry section to read your Grandfathers poem in a few minutes.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic