The Gallipoli Association Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Research > Research Resources > Roll of Honour/Commemorative Sites and Databases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Gallipoli Association Forum

The Welsh experience of the Fiirst World War

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mal Murray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Welsh experience of the Fiirst World War
    Posted: 27 Dec 2013 at 11:51
A new website has just gone on line entitled Cymry1914 The Welsh Experience of the First World War.

The introduction on the website is as follows;

"This project has conducted mass digitization of primary sources relating to the First World War from the Libraries, Special Collections and Archives of Wales. The project will make available a coherent, consolidated digital collection revealing the often hidden history of the First World War as it impacted all aspects of Welsh life, language and culture. This digital archive brings together source materials that were previously fragmented and frequently inaccessible. This digital archive is a unique resource of vital interest to researchers, students, and the public in Wales and beyond."

The link to the website is; http://cymru1914.org/

I have already used the website for some of my own research and found some interesting newspaper articles and personal information regarding casualties that I have been researching.

Edited by Mal Murray - 27 Dec 2013 at 11:52
To protect our history, we must secure it's future.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic