The Gallipoli Association Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Photograph Gallery > Gravestone Photographs
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Two headstones of Private George Risdon Grimwade
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Gallipoli Association Forum

Two headstones of Private George Risdon Grimwade

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Only Members
Forum Only Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blakeley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Two headstones of Private George Risdon Grimwade
    Posted: 02 Oct 2013 at 15:10
I was very moved when I saw that the parents of Private George Risdon Grimwade had travelled all the way from Melbourne with a second headstone for their son. He must be the only man on the peninsula with two.

Peter Trounson View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Trounson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2013 at 21:57
Very moving, and considering his parents got there in 1922 all the way from the Antipodes which was no easy feat in itself in those days. Some of the very few parents who would have been able to visit the grave of their child.

Peter
ANZACPRIDE
Blakeley View Drop Down
Forum Only Members
Forum Only Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blakeley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2013 at 22:06
Judging by his obituary I think he must have come from a family with money: George Risdon Grimwade

George Risdon Grimwade
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic