The Gallipoli Association Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Gallipoli Association forum > Anzac/Gallipoli Day Services/Celebrations
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Gallipoli Association Forum

Castlemaine/Harcourt 2013

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Peter Trounson View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Trounson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Castlemaine/Harcourt 2013
    Posted: 27 Apr 2013 at 16:59
Hi Steve,

I will be able to source one of the Harcourt service of me laying the wreath for the Associaton. I will get onto that tomorrow for you. I will check with the local paper on Monday to see if their photographer was at the dawn service.

Thanks for your interest. The Harcourt service was an event that had lapsed many years ago. Nine or so years ago when the newcomer in town was a bit indignant about the situation he did talk to a few of the locals, got the historical society on board, they put a few posters around, got the newspaper involved and the service has run quite successfully ever since. 

I will also send a photo of part of the memorial with Robert Gartsides name engraved on it.

Cheers cobber,

Peter
ANZACPRIDE
Mal Murray View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mal Murray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2013 at 10:50
Hi guys,

Dublin notes to follow.

Steve, I have a couple if photos from the morning, the rain was bucketing down so not many.
Will sort them out and send them to you.

Mal
To protect our history, we must secure it's future.
Krithia View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Webmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krithia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2013 at 10:42

We Will Remember Them

Pete, were any photographs taken that we can post on the website and maybe the journal? I am putting an Anzac Day 2013 page together as we speak!

thanks, Stephen
Peter Trounson View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Trounson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2013 at 08:29
The biggest crowd in memory attended the Dawn Service held in Castlemaine, Victoria, Australia this Anzac Day. Reasonable weather certainly helped. The police this year redirecting traffic so that the solemnity of the occasion could be observed. A wreath was laid by myself on behalf of the Gallipoli Association during the official ceremony.

At Harcourt the afternoon march from the A.N.A. hall led by the Castlemaine Highland Pipe Band arrived at the Harcourt War Memorial for the 3.30 pm service. A crowd of over 100 people (not bad for a population of 450) attended the service where once again I laid a wreath on behalf of the Gallipoli Association. Many wreaths were laid by the local school children. A talk about Sgt. F. B. Barnes exploits in World War One was given by George Milford. 

Edited by Peter Trounson - 25 Apr 2013 at 08:32
ANZACPRIDE
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic