The Gallipoli Association Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Gallipoli Association forum > Gallipoli Association Events.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Gallipoli Association Forum

Gallipoli Association Conference - 2013

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Webmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krithia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gallipoli Association Conference - 2013
    Posted: 07 Nov 2012 at 13:11
A date that needs reserving in everyones diary - Saturday, 1st June 2013. This will be our second UK annual conference, the venue is Birmingham Tally Ho once again. More details will be announced in the New Year.

The 2012 event was a great success and feedback was very good. However if you think of any new ideas for the day's content or if you would like to volunteer on the day to 'man-a-stand', or even speak on a subject, please email webmaster@gallipoli-association.org as soon as possible.

Thanks, Stephen

Lone Pine View Drop Down
Forum Only Members
Forum Only Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lone Pine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2012 at 20:25
Ugger it , Steve is going to Cardiff for the speedway that weekend, but thinking I might put the dogs in kennels. I came home tonight all pleased with myself and told him and he said, but that is when I am going to Cardiff!
Grandaughter of William Pritchard KIA Lone Pine
Lone Pine! Lone Pine!For those who come no more

No bugle call can wake them from their slumber:

Lone Pine! Lone Pine!

Mal Murray View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mal Murray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2012 at 07:54
Don't worry you will have some chaperones this year m'lady.

Krithia View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Webmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krithia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2013 at 23:35
The Gallipoli conference this year has just been announced on Facebook and we have had a quick run of bookings, so if you want to come this year, dont delay. Hotel prices in Birmingham are still cheapr, from £21 per night, a bargain!

Anyway, more info can be found at: http://www.gallipoli-association.org/content/events-2013

Our first speaker is Stephen Cooper is the author of the new and popular book "The Final Whistle", which follows a rugby team through the First World War, 15 of who were killed. I cannot give too much away but we will hear about those who served at Galllipoli, so mention of Dingle and Oxland, who were two officers killed at Suvla (with the Borders and East Yorks) will certainly get a mention. Oxland, of course, was a former poet and buried in Green Hill CWGC Cemetery

The WFA, Salonika Campaign Society, World War Books, Gallipoli Association, Battle Honours, CWGC and Spirit of Remembrance will all be there, and we are hoping a few authors will be signing books. Not confirmed yet, we we should have some WW1 kit displays as well!

The next four speakers will be announced during the next week or two.

Rob L. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2013 at 13:09
Will be there - hope to be able to help out with WW1 kit displays too
Peter Trounson View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Trounson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2013 at 05:30
Missing out again. :-(
ANZACPRIDE
Krithia View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Webmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krithia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2013 at 23:35
Hi Rob, hopefully your KD kit will be ready then. I think Pete is bringing his 08 webbing, serge uniform and a Vickers. That should keep the flies away.

Rob L. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2013 at 22:58
Most likely be serge for me too - received a fantastic photo of my great-grandad's unit in serge and Wolseley helmets sat in a gun pit at Gallipoli, can't quite recreate the artillery piece (not yet anyway) but can hopefully recreate the look! Will be 03 leather equipment for me, and will also hopefully be able to produce a decent line up of hand bombs as used at Gallipoli
Krithia View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Webmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krithia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2013 at 23:45
Bunhill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2013 at 07:58
All booked and looking forward to the conference, as I missed it last year through illness
Rifleman 1648 William Hannan KIA 18-8-1915 Remembered.
Krithia View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Webmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krithia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2013 at 23:55
I am looking forward to meeting many old and new friends at this years conference.

For those travelling to Birmingham on Friday 31 May, there is a growing contingent attending the Old Contemptibles Pub (see http://www.nicholsonspubs.co.uk/theoldcontemptiblesedmundstreetbirmingham/), so please come down and say hello if you are in town. If not, we hope to see many of the GA Forum members at the conference.

With 100 tickets sold already, we are looking to break last years total, so please come along and join us. It will be a conference to remember!

thanks, Stephen
Bunhill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2013 at 07:18
Good Morning, does anyone know when the tickets will be sent out?
Regards Terry
Krithia View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Webmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krithia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2013 at 11:13
Hi Terry,
I can confirm we have you registered, so just turn up during the morning, doors open at 9.30am, and we will tick you off the registration list.
Looking forward to saying hello.
thanks, Stephen
Bunhill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2013 at 14:01
Thank you Stephen, i look forward to meeting you and others, at the conference
Regards Terry.
Bunhill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2013 at 08:06
Enjoyed the conference yesterday, learnt plenty of new information.
And it was good to see the artefacts set out, all in all splendid.
To the organisers, many thanks.
Terry...
Peter Trounson View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Trounson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2013 at 19:46
Hi All,

I also had a great time at the conference and the social meetings at the pubs on Friday evening and Saturday night. A big thank-you to Lyn and Keith for their taxi services and for manning the associations stall (not forgetting Davids huge contribution in that department). It was great to be able to put faces to many people I have been in contact with. Pete and Robs display of military equipment was first class. As in Australia our ownership laws for guns is very strict we do not get the opportunity very often to see displays of machine guns and the like.

And not to forget the work put in by all those that do the work in organizing the day. Obviously a lot of work goes into it so once again a huge thank you for that.

Peter
ANZACPRIDE
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic