The Gallipoli Association Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Gallipoli Association forum > Welcome to the forum!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Gallipoli Association Forum

Hello there

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOOSE6301 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello there
    Posted: 02 Nov 2012 at 08:23
Hi all, 

We have registered and joined up with the GA due to having recently found and recorded a diary from my grandfather who was stationed on Gallipoli during the war. Over the weekend, we have found some medals and an invitation to attend Buckingham Palace which Albert had kept - we would love some information around the medals and any other information that people would be able to share. Also - we have typed out his diary which records several incidents over the period of 1915 - where would be best to post these?

Thanks
Nick
Mal Murray View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mal Murray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2012 at 08:35
Hi Nick,

Welcome to the Gallipoli Association and the forum.

You obviously have a little treasure trove in relation to the information you have.

If you have photos of the medals you could email me them and I will give what information I can regarding them. You could also check out our medal section on the forum and see if they are shown there.

Regarding your grandfather, perhaps you might consider posting a biographical profile for him in our biography section. If you wish to post any information from his diary there is also a section on the forum for personal diarys.

Let me know if you need any assistance.

Best regards

Mal

Forum Admin Staff.
Lone Pine View Drop Down
Forum Only Members
Forum Only Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lone Pine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2012 at 11:16
Hello Nick from me as well.
Grandaughter of William Pritchard KIA Lone Pine
Lone Pine! Lone Pine!For those who come no more

No bugle call can wake them from their slumber:

Lone Pine! Lone Pine!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic