The Gallipoli Association Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Research > Gallipoli/Dardanelles Books > Out of Print Gallipoli/Dardanelles Related Books
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Gallipoli Association Forum

Not only a hero.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Mal Murray View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mal Murray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Not only a hero.
    Posted: 27 Jul 2012 at 16:42

The book may be out of print but it can be viewed in its entirity at the following website (its a gem).

Peter Trounson View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Trounson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2012 at 10:47
Title  - Not only a Hero

Author - Tom Curran

Publisher - Anzac Day Commemoration Committee (Queensland)

Publishing Date  - 1998

Pages - 52

Illustrations/Maps - Illustrations and basic maps

The most comprehensive book that I have seen of the life of John Kirkpatrick (Simpson). The first chapter deals with his life in England and the book really excells as it has a great amount of detail about John Kirkpatrick after he arrives in Australia. There are many photos which I have not seen before which relate to his training in Western Australia and though rather a short book it gives great coverage to his rather short three week stint at Gallipoli. And yes I know that he was not Australian but he has certainly become entwined in Australian lore. I highly recommend this book to get the real story of Simpson, the man with the donkey(s).

Edited by Peter Trounson - 21 Jul 2012 at 10:58
ANZACPRIDE
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic