The Gallipoli Association Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Gallipoli Association forum > Gallipoli Association Events.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Gallipoli Association Forum

Service at St Paul's - entry process

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saunders6116 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Service at St Paul's - entry process
    Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 14:05

Can soemone confirm the entry process for the 09:30 service tomorrow at St Paul's.  If I remember correctly there is normally a charge to enter the crypt.

Many thanks,

Jonathan S
Mal Murray View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mal Murray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 14:45
Jonathan,

I have asked Carole to email you the information regarding tomoorrow as I am unaware of the arrangements or procedures, I know she has tickets and will be attending.

Mal
saunders6116 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saunders6116 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 15:05
Many thanks,

Jonathan S
Lone Pine View Drop Down
Forum Only Members
Forum Only Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lone Pine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 16:16
I have repleid to you by email, but just in case you don't see it until after 5:30 (as I have used my work email address) you do not need a ticket to enter into the Service at St Pauls tomorrow.  The service will start at 9:30, so have asked that people arrive by 9:15.  It is held in the crypt of St Pauls, so if in doubt ask one of the members of staff who will be on duty there and they will direct you to the correct place.

I look forward to seeing you there.

Lone Pine aka Carole
Grandaughter of William Pritchard KIA Lone Pine
Lone Pine! Lone Pine!For those who come no more

No bugle call can wake them from their slumber:

Lone Pine! Lone Pine!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saunders6116 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 18:52
Carole - many thanks.  Hope to see you tomorrow.

Regards,

Jonathan S

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saunders6116 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 12:59
Hello again Carole,

Whilst we werent introduced this morning I did attend the Service.  Many thanks for the details. 

Kind regards,

Jonathan S
Lone Pine View Drop Down
Forum Only Members
Forum Only Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lone Pine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 18:40
I am so glad that you managed to attend the service this morning, that is great news, I did try and look for you, but obviously did not know what you looked like, would have usually told you what I was wearing, but due to the weather did not know myself until this morning, but so glad you made it. Smile

We are home now and slowly drying out.  Never known weather like that today. Shocked

Edited by Lone Pine - 25 Apr 2012 at 18:41
Grandaughter of William Pritchard KIA Lone Pine
Lone Pine! Lone Pine!For those who come no more

No bugle call can wake them from their slumber:

Lone Pine! Lone Pine!

Peter Trounson View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Trounson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2012 at 06:40
Hi all,

The bad weather held off for the dawn at a large town not far from here service though many places had rain which is the first time for quite a while as our twelve year drought only broke last year. I placed a wreath on behalf of the Association which was not a bad effort as I only got to bed at 2.30am then up at 5.00 for the service then followed by a 2 hour train ride to our state capital to watch the Anzac Day football match along with 87,000 other people. I would recommend Anzac Day in Melbourne to anyone as an event of a lifetime. The dawn service at 5.40 with around 30,000 people in attendance followed by the gunfire breakfast provided by the army. Then the Anzac parade which goes for a couple of hours. Then off to the MCG for the match of the series. About a dozen or so veterans get driven around the inside of the MCG to a standing ovation, appropriate short speeches are made, the last post is sounded, a minutes silence is observed (by the whole crowd which is truly awe inspiring), the National Anthem is sung and then the whole crowd erupts in an almighty roar. For the only game of the season both teams run through just one banner together as a mark of respect for the Anzacs.

I hope you all enjoyed the day in however you managed to celebrate it. I know I did!   :-) Mind you the bad part was having to catch the train for another two hours, drive for another forty five minutes then back at work for eight hours....

Edited by Peter Trounson - 26 Apr 2012 at 06:42
ANZACPRIDE
Mal Murray View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mal Murray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2012 at 08:44
Well done Peter.

All in the true spirit of the digger.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saunders6116 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2012 at 09:19
Originally posted by Lone Pine Lone Pine wrote:

I am so glad that you managed to attend the service this morning, that is great news, I did try and look for you, but obviously did not know what you looked like, would have usually told you what I was wearing, but due to the weather did not know myself until this morning, but so glad you made it. Smile

Hi Carole - the weather in London is even worse this morning so in a way we were probably quite fortunate yesterday!!

Hope to meet you in August if you're attending the Gallipoli Conference.

Regards,

Jonathan S
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic