The Gallipoli Association Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Gallipoli Association forum > Gallipoli Association Events.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Gallipoli Association Forum

Gallipoli Association Conference August 2012

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
MichaelBully View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MichaelBully Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gallipoli Association Conference August 2012
    Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 21:41

Have only just joined and will not be attending the Conference myself, but hope it's a great success.

Regards, Michael Bully
The Ancient Sages said, 'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon'.
Krithia View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Webmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krithia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2012 at 13:50

Smile
Peter Trounson View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Trounson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 17:11
It is a failing of mine which is an Aspergers speciality to expect everyone else to automatically have the same view so I hadn't considered that regardless of how good the filming is the speakers may not want their speech filmed. It is a funny thing how brains can be wired, it is not conceit but it is near impossible for me to not have that as the default position of how I think (No, I don't have kangaroos loose in the top paddock yet though at times I think it would make life somewhat simpler). So yes I can see that all is not simple in the simple request made it is just that I know it will be a great conference and unless I manage to inherit or be given heaps of cash in the next few days I have not a hope in hell of attending. With knowing how great your knowledge of the campaign is Steve I know that I am missing out big time on that alone not to mention the other speakers whom I am sure will be very nearly as good as you  :-). So yes selfish me I guess but I would be happy with something from the meeting even if it is a recording of the speeches. It is probably that as I have heaps of books on Gallipoli it will be refreshing to listen to a speech on the subject for a change. For the record Mal told me that he is more than happy to go on point if you want to do a bit of tunnel exploring if we manage to meet up at Gallipoli sometime.

Cheers,

Peter
ANZACPRIDE
Krithia View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Webmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krithia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 15:03
Originally posted by Peter Trounson Peter Trounson wrote:

G'day Steve and Mal, I would gladly settle for something rather than nothing as far as a DVD goes. Filming with a movie camera on a tripod would be fine by me. Would it be possible to email out to all the Australian members a survey as to when, what and where they would prefer a potential meeting of such illustrious minds to congregate? You can email me as to your thoughts on the subject. I would love to catch up with either of you guys if you do manage to wing it to the antipodes. There is a free room at the inn if either of you wanted to travel a little further south to visit.

Cheers,

Peter

Hi Peter, I will make enquiries with the confernence facility about recording the speakers sessions (upon permission of the speakers of course), and if possible, filming. If this can be achieved cost effectively, but most importantly in good quality, it is definitely worth doing. My only concern, having some experience with web conferencing, is the finished quality/editing element, some are truly dreadfully produced. If the latter, I am sure no speaker would want them published. If this cannot be achieved we may need to make some comprises. Recording the voice and screen may be a workable alternative if we have the AV equipment available.
Regards, Stephen
Mal Murray View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mal Murray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2012 at 18:32
Aw schucks
Lone Pine View Drop Down
Forum Only Members
Forum Only Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lone Pine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2012 at 17:30
I would love a DVD as well, as cannot make it, not only is Steve on crutches, but also the Mountin Biking Olympics thing due to be held in the area that weekend, so its a deffo no no for me. Unhappy
Grandaughter of William Pritchard KIA Lone Pine
Lone Pine! Lone Pine!For those who come no more

No bugle call can wake them from their slumber:

Lone Pine! Lone Pine!

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mal Murray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2012 at 14:52
Leave the videoing of the conference with me for a while, I am sure we can work something out between myself and Steve and the speakers.

Perhaps we can also discuss Australian conference idea while we are at the conference.

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Trounson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2012 at 14:24
G'day Steve and Mal, I would gladly settle for something rather than nothing as far as a DVD goes. Filming with a movie camera on a tripod would be fine by me. Would it be possible to email out to all the Australian members a survey as to when, what and where they would prefer a potential meeting of such illustrious minds to congregate? You can email me as to your thoughts on the subject. I would love to catch up with either of you guys if you do manage to wing it to the antipodes. There is a free room at the inn if either of you wanted to travel a little further south to visit.

Cheers,

Peter

ANZACPRIDE
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mal Murray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2012 at 12:13
Sounds a Great Idea Peter, could be an excuse for me to visit the wife's relatives and off course just accidentally find the AWM on a walkabout.
Krithia View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Webmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krithia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2012 at 23:18
There is a growing number of members in Australia now so we will definitely organise something downunder, if not for the Centennery, before. I have a few ideas so will email you soon. As to the DVD, a good idea but I am not sure if we can setup something to film it professionally. Maybe a web-based webinar could work ... I'll investigate

thanks, Stephen
Krithia View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Webmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krithia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2012 at 23:13
I was joking on the Ayres Rock front Wink
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Trounson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2012 at 22:43
Any chance of having this years presentations put on a DVD or similar so those unable to attend could have an opportunity to view it? 
ANZACPRIDE
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Trounson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2012 at 22:40
Hi Steve,

Not Uluru no. A long way to go to see a rock I think. It would make the most sense to have it in Canberra where the Australian War Memorial and National Archives are situated for those wanting to do some research as well. The AWM is a fantastic place to see. I could spend a couple of days there easily (without family of course). Thanks for taking it seriously as sometimes one does feel a little disconnected being so far away from the majority of the membership. 

Cheers,

Peter
ANZACPRIDE
Krithia View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Webmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krithia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2012 at 20:08
Sounds a great idea and would be brill to organise. Where in Oz would you suggest to be 'central' or rather more of a focal point for a conference ... Sydney, Canberra, Uluru ???
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Trounson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2012 at 22:57
How about having the next one in Aussie so us Antipodeans can have the benefit of such a classy event!
ANZACPRIDE
Krithia View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Webmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krithia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2012 at 21:13
We have over 80 attendees booked so far, so it promises to be an event not to be missed. With Chris Pugsley as our fourth speaker, it looks to be a good day! Get the beers in Mal :-)
Lone Pine View Drop Down
Forum Only Members
Forum Only Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lone Pine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2012 at 10:28
Will try to get there, but unforunately its Olympic month and don't think Hubby can get the time off, all leave has been cancelled for August.  So if I come will have to come on my own. Shocked

Grandaughter of William Pritchard KIA Lone Pine
Lone Pine! Lone Pine!For those who come no more

No bugle call can wake them from their slumber:

Lone Pine! Lone Pine!

Krithia View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Webmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krithia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2012 at 16:26

I'll be there as well!

Today you should soon be receiving a special Association e-Newsletter about the event, so book soon if you haven't done so already. its proving to be popular and tickets are going fast. Its only January as well!

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mal Murray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2012 at 17:14
Hi Eric.

I must say I am very much looking forward to it myself.

Mal
HALLIDAY6298 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HALLIDAY6298 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 11:19
Hi Mal,

Just booked my place for the conference in August,look for ward to meeting you all.

Eric

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mal Murray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2012 at 21:28
The inaugural Gallipoli Association Conference will be held on Saturday 11 August 2012 at the Lords Knights Suite, Tally Ho Conference & Banqueting Centre in Birmingham, UK.

2012Conference photoFocusing entirely on the Gallipoli campaign, the conference will feature an impressive programme of guest speakers, a Question-and-Answer panel of Gallipoli experts, plus displays, books and merchandise.

The conference will provide an excellent opportunity to meet fellow members and to increase your knowledge of the Gallipoli campaign. The conference registration fee of £25 includes all events, together with lunch and morning and afternoon tea. An optional three-course evening meal is available for an extra £25. Demand is likely to be heavy so early booking is advised. For further information contact Simon Kleinig, Public Relations Officer, whose address and contact details are on the booking form below.

A booking form is enclosed within the latest issue if The Gallipolian, or can be downloaded from here 2012 Conference Booking Form.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic