Forum Home Forum Home > Gallipoli Association forum > New members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Gallipoli Association Forum

Research assistance required

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Only Members
Forum Only Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard Foster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Research assistance required
    Posted: 26 Apr 2010 at 14:55

I am a mature student studying for a degree in ‘Historical Archaeology’ at the University of York.  I am coming to the end of my second year of study, and I am now beginning my research for my proposed dissertation entitled “Lessons from Gallipoli: Balancing development with the protection and preservation of battlefield heritage sites”. 

I understand that a large, two-volume, study was produced in 1997, providing a detailed inventory of all cemeteries, monuments, trenches, guns, shipwrecks etc. on the Peninsula, with the second volume outlining the terms, conditions and requirements for the proposed ‘Peace Park’.  Unfortunately, I am unsure who commissioned these surveys and I have been unable to find any further information regarding these important books.  As it seems likely that members of the Gallipoli Association may well have been involved, at least in part, in the surveys resulting in these volumes, I hope that someone may be able to advise me where I might access these, and any other, works relating to the surveys that have been carried out across the Gallipoli battlefields?

Any advice to further aid my research in this area would be greatly appreciated.
Krithia View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Webmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krithia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2011 at 19:00
Hi Richard,
I understand the National Park in Gallipoli and also a sponsored team from Australia have had involvment one way or other. Is this still information you are after?
Rgs Krithia
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic