The Gallipoli Association Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Gallipoli Association forum > New members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Gallipoli Association Forum

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aim2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New member
    Posted: 22 May 2016 at 19:18
My grandfather Eustace Alexander Taylor, Gunner RFA 82854 (British Army), entered the First World War in the Gallipoli area on the 27th. September 1915. This is all I have been able to find out about his War Service.

I shall now try to post queries in the "Land Operations Research" and "Naval Operations Research" fora.

aim2
Krithia View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Webmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krithia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2016 at 18:03
Hi aim2,

Have you searched via Ancestry.co.uk or The National Archives to see if his service records survive?

Pinpointing RFA units to locations at Gallipoli is fairly difficult, especially as his date of entry into theatre looks to indicate him being a reinforcement for a field artillery battery already on the Peninsula. This could place him at Helles, Anzac or Suvla.

Regards, Krithia
aim2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aim2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2016 at 22:39
Dear Krithia,

All I have is his MIC and the medal rolls - no service record, no absent voters list for Colchester, no pension record, not on the "Royal Artillery Attestations 1883-1942" list on Find my Past.

Thanks for your interest,

aim2
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic