The Gallipoli Association Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Gallipoli Association forum > New members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Gallipoli Association Forum

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THURMAN7458 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Member
    Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 22:09
Hello All

I am a new member to the forum and I am currently researching my great grandfather Stephen Turner who served in the Anson Battalion of the Royal Naval Division. I know he fought at Gallipoli and was mentioned in dispatches (22nd September 1915) and awarded a certificate for courageous and gallant conduct in the field (4th June 1915). However I am having trouble finding out what he actually did at Gallipoli to be recognised. Can anybody help with this or point me in the right direction to find out details? I know he went on to fight in France and was awarded the D.C.M, but don't know much about his time at the Dardenelles. His rank was KP 942 Leading Seaman in 1915.

Any information will be much appreciated.

Thank you.
Krithia View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Webmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krithia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2016 at 23:23
The 4th June 1915 was the opening day of the Third Battle of Krithia, a major attack on the Helles front.

Have you tried the War Diaries for Anson Battalion which are available at The National Archives, Kew?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic