Forum Home Forum Home > Gallipoli Association forum > New members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Gallipoli Association Forum

Fred Lockton

Post Reply Post Reply
GREEN7387 View Drop Down
Forum Only Members
Forum Only Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GREEN7387 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fred Lockton
    Posted: 08 Jul 2015 at 12:37
I was wondering if anyone might know anything about Private Fred Lockton, who was killed at Gallipoli on 17th August 1915? We are approaching the centenary of his death and I am hoping that he can be remembered in some way at Langton Matravers, where he is named on WW1 memorial plaques in the church and village hall. 
I know that he was in the Dorsetshire Regiment and that he was 29 years of age when he married my grandmother, Charlotte Florence Corben at Langton Matravers, Dorset, on 14th January 1915. Their marriage was tragically short.
Fred was from Grantham, Lincolnshire - where i believe the Dorsetshire regiment trained. his father, Frederick Lockton Senior, had worked as a gardener in Grantham but had already died at the time of the marriage.
My grandmother did eventually re-marry Arthur Town RN, of Portsea who served on HMS Europa, which I believe was the flagship during the Gallipoli campaign.
from new member Carolyn Green
Mal Murray View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mal Murray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2015 at 15:51
Hi Carolyn, welcome to the forum and the Association.

I will send you some info on fred and put him on the roll of honour.

To protect our history, we must secure it's future.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic