The Gallipoli Association Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Roll of Honour of the Fallen - Gallipoli Campaign > Roll of Honour British Regiments > 2 Bn Hampshire Regt.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Gallipoli Association Forum

Non-active Forum users

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mal Murray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Non-active Forum users
    Posted: 18 Apr 2013 at 07:57
A recent inspection of the forum membership list has shown that there are a number of users who registered on the forum pre-July 2011, who have not logged in since their initial registration date.

It is the intention of the Forum Admin staff to delete such non-active users. This action will not be carried out until the 30 April 2013.

Please contact me if you have any problems with this action.

Best regards

Mal
Forum Manager.
To protect our history, we must secure it's future.
Waterwitch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterwitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2013 at 23:40
We only have to sign in to add a post, so members can read all without signing in.  Problem is that the forum id & PW are different from the Gallipoli Assoc id & PW!  I have a note on a large file of all my many dozens of id & PW for all sorts of sites.  But those for the forum were not there. I had lost my most up-to-date doc when copying my external HD to my new Windows 8 laptop when MacAfee started up, interfered with the copying process and effectively blocked my new computer for a whole day!  About 200 files failed to copy and worse the originals on the HD were corrupted.  I have recovered nearly all but some have gone for ever.

Fortunately this time I was able to guess correctly what I had used.

I don't see what benefit there is in removing people from those able to post especially as so many posts have had no repies at all!

So if those deleted try to log in will they get a more useful message than id or pw is wrong?
John Dixon, grandson of Lt John Edward Loveluck, 1st officer HMS Manica 1915-17, master of HMS Waterwitch 1918-19
Mal Murray View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mal Murray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2013 at 07:30
Hi John,

Gallipoli Association members are outside the remit of this action. The intention is to delete non active non association members. In other words persons who have not signed in since the day they registered. If they wish to read the posts they can still do so as guests.

If you ever have any problems logging in please do not hesitate to contact me as I can sort out any problems you may have.
To protect our history, we must secure it's future.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic