FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Gallipoli Association Forum

Battlefield Tours 2013

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Webmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krithia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Battlefield Tours 2013
    Posted: 07 Nov 2012 at 13:19
Dear all,

In the last journal the May and September dates for the Assoications walking and coach tours of Gallipoli were announced. They were a sell-out last year so if you are interested please email tours@gallipoli-association.org as soon as possible.

The full itineries will be announced soon.

Regards, Stephen
Krithia View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Webmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krithia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2013 at 00:03
Some more on the Battlefield tours for May and September 2013.

see: http://www.gallipoli-association.org/content/battlefield-tours

A few people have asked about the Walking Tours, which are operated via our partner, Battle Honours Limited. This year there is a brand new "Hidden Gallipoli" tour which is a set of walks designed for those who have been before and want to see more of the battlfield, and as it implies, off the beaten track. There is also the same format "Walking Gallipoli" tour we did last September, which proved very popular with members (see the lateset journal report). For this we already have a few members booked, so it is looking to be another sell-out this year as well. I will be leading both of these with the excellent Rory Stephens.

For those who prefer less of the walking, Spirit of Remembrance will be running a couple of tours in 2013 as well, led by member Christopher Newbould, who organised the 2011 tour for us so successfully. This is more coach and cultural based, so ample time in Istanbul as well as the battlefield. This one also takes in Haidar Pasha Cemetery in Istanbul.

If you need any more information on any of these tours, please let me know, alternaitvely for booking use the contact details on the website.

Regards, Stephen

Peter Trounson View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Trounson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2013 at 14:20
Both sound great but for some reason my kitchen commander thinks that me going without her to Gallipoli three times is enough and it is now her turn to have some fun so she is blowing all the money on a trip for her going to the UK and Ireland. I didn't think it was all that unreasonable for me to go a fourth time but there you go. I am sure all those who go on either of these tours will have a great time.

Hidden Gallipoli sounds fantastic as there is so much more to see than what most tours offer as the 'Gallipoli experience'.

Cheers,

Peter
ANZACPRIDE
Krithia View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Webmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krithia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2013 at 00:04
For more information on the Gallipoli Association Battle Honours walking tour see: http://www.battle-honours.eu/group-tours/gallipoli-association-tour/

Get booking quick as there are only 12 places left

There is also a luxury coach tour going in September as well, see http://issuu.com/keyt/docs/sor_-_gallipoli?mode=window&printButtonEnabled=false&shareButtonEnabled=false&searchButtonEnabled=false&backgroundColor=%23222222 for the full Gallipoli brochure.

Booking information can be found at http://www.gallipoli-association.org/content/battlefield-tours-2013, else send me a PM and I will answer any question.

regards, Stephen

Edited by Krithia - 23 Feb 2013 at 00:06
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic