The Gallipoli Association Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Photograph Gallery > Naval Photographs > Misc Naval Photos - Vessels - Pers etc
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Gallipoli Association Forum

Photo Album recording WW1 QARNNS service

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote John Mules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Photo Album recording WW1 QARNNS service
    Posted: 04 May 2012 at 14:04
The attached files are a personal photo album belonging to Nursing Sister Mary Hocking and records her nursing service during the Great War.
I have yet to study the images in detail and am aware that many are not from the Gallipoli Campaign, although some undoubtedly are. Of particular interest to many here will be the images on pages 6&7 which I am almost certain are from the Campaign and also the images of the hospital ship facilities which would have been familiar to so many of the troops.
As I manage to study and identify people places and ships (Conway's 1906-1921 is my new bed-time reading!), I intend to create a descripitive file to accompany the album although this is likely to take some time!
John
Peter Trounson View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Trounson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 18:22
Thank-you very much John for this post. It has some of the best photos I have seen of the inside of a hospital ship plus it shows the style of the nurses uniform of the time. It highlights one of the benefits of this forum in being able to share the photographs of various aspects of the campaign and in this case gives an insight in a part of the campaign rarely covered.

Cheers,

Peter
ANZACPRIDE
Mal Murray View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mal Murray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2012 at 19:46
John,

Many thanks for posting this invaluable resource, I am sure overtime someone will identify those vessels and who knows might even identify some of the personnel

Mal
Eve Tar View Drop Down
Forum Only Members
Forum Only Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Eve Tar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2016 at 16:58
Dear John, this is undoubtedly the best available QARNNS hosp ship album 
available in the world. I have seen QAIMNS ones at Keogh but but none is 
as good as this. I think the QARNNS archive and IWM also have nothing to
 beat it. So you have done posterity  a big favour, by uploading it. 

Eve Tar
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic