The Gallipoli Association Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Roll of Honour of the Fallen - Gallipoli Campaign > Roll of Honour British Regiments > 1st Bn. KIng's Own Scottish Borderers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Gallipoli Association Forum

Pte. James Reid, 17655, K.I.A. 4 June 1915

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mal Murray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pte. James Reid, 17655, K.I.A. 4 June 1915
    Posted: 12 Mar 2012 at 18:33
Reid *James Private, 17655  1st Bn. King's Own Scottish Borderers
Born: West Calder, Midlothian, Resided: West Calder Enlisted: West Calder
Date of Death: 04/06/1915 Cause: Killed in action.
*Family notes: Son of William & Christina Reid from Bathgate West Lothian .
Other notes: Private Reid's Medal Index card shows him as entering the Gallipoli Theatre of Operations on 9/5/1915. His Index Card also shows him as "M.P.D." (Missing Presumed Dead) as he is recorded as being interred in a numbered grave , it would appear that he body was recovered and interred.
Grave Reference XI. B. 19. Twelve Tree Copse Cemetery, Gallipoli.
Other memorials: Private Reid is named in the Scottish Roll of Honour in the Scottish National War Memorial, Edinburgh Castle, Edinburgh; he is also commemorated on the West Calder War Memorial.

Notes: The CWGC show no first name for Private Reid just and initial "J", nor do they show any next of kin. The information expanding on the CGWC entry comes from forum member alexp (James was his grandfather's brother).
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic